We’ve been losing something as we’ve over-commercialized the products we buy:
- Losing a broad knowledge of how to make products ourselves – from growing food, making our own clothing and housewares, to being familiar with life’s natural rhythms.
- Losing a sense of community that we often now have to seek more intentionally – that once came more readily through farmer’s markets, craft fairs, and the like.
- With a never-ending array of commercial product options available, we often buy the cookie-cutter duplicate styles of products that are available on retail shelves….rather than then the individualized products with local character and often sustainably (i.e., locally) produced nature that used to be more available.
- Too often, products are not as healthy as they used to be.
At “Burkhardt at Home, Made with Kim,” you can:
- Find genuinely homemade products for yourself and choose handcrafted gift items for relatives, friends, co-workers, fellow volunteers. Patchwork fabric products (bedding – blankets, quilts, comforters – and more), handcrafted soaps. Homemade is better!
- Learn about “getting back to basics” yourself (check out blog tips here).
Welcome to “my home.” Find homemade items here for your home and the homes of people for whom you purchase gifts (also, check out my photography here). Follow my blog to learn self-reliance skills from the “city dweller learning country skills.”